Trading Manager – Thermal Coal – Japan, Korea & Taiwan
- Posted 227 days ago
- Reputable MNC Commodity Firm with Global Outreach
- Exposure to multi commodity products
- Dynamic Role with growth potential
Our client is a physical dry bulk commodities trading house with global offices. They are seeking a well rounded and thermal coal professional with a background in physical trading to join their expanding commercial trading team based in Singapore. This role will be quite hands-on and would be ideal for someone with a strong network of relationships with sourcing as well as selling thermal coal to end users and third parties in this market. The candidate will be responsible for sourcing high quality thermal coal using reliable sources, knowledge and ability to navigate this market will be crucial.
The incumbent should be well trained in collating data and analysis in the physical coal markets and be able to project an accurate market outlook for predicting where the market is currently and for the future. The opening would be ideal for someone either coming from a coal trading background or coming from a miner.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in sourcing and selling thermal coal in Asia in countries like the JKT and other Asean countries like Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and India.
- Has experience in both sourcing and selling side.
- Strong stakeholder management and supply chain management and familiar with delivery of products through agreed shipment contractual terms such as – FOB, CFR agreements.
- Professional qualifications holding a degree or other relevant experience.
- Experience with conducting business development trips across Southeast Asia countries.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management skills and leadership quality.