Trade Finance Manager – Team Lead
- Posted 818 days ago
- Reputable MNC Commodity Firm with Global Outreach
- Exposure to multi commodity products
- Dynamic Role with growth potential
Our client is a leading established base metals commodity firm with offices in Singapore and across Asia. They are seeking an ambitious trade finance lead to join their expanding commodities trading unit. The ideal background of the candidate would be someone who has experience working in a trading house environment and directly liaising with the banks in order to obtain financing. The candidate should already have experience working in a trading house set up, mining firm or banking financial institution dealing with commodity financing. The physical trade flow will be primarily within Asia and so experience dealing with counter parties in Asia would be beneficial – with countries such as Indonesia, India, China, Vietnam.
- Responsible for management of all banking facilities granted by principal bankers.
- Managing day to day bank relationships and utilization and placing transactions with our suite of financing banks. Further liaising with the same bank throughout the life of the entire transaction to ensure all concerns and issues are promptly addressed.
- Responsible for the formulation and improvement of the Company’s treasury management policies, management and monitoring of the opening, usage and closure of bank accounts
- Responsible for cash planning and forecasting with a view to using the most optimal source of funds to meet the business needs while maintaining adequate cash reserve at all times.
- Monitoring of daily cash inflows and outflows to ensure prompt receipts from customers and timely payments to suppliers and perform monthly cash flow analysis.
- To ensure timely and accurately process all necessary payments such as cargo, freight, brokerage & warehouse payment in order to maintain smooth operations process.
- Vetting of contracts within 48-72 hours from finance perspective on payment security & counterparty risk and signing off on each contract issuance & receipt.
- Processing and handling all trade finance instrument to suppliers and customers, i.e. Import LC, SBLC, Guarantee, Bid Bonds, Performance bonds etc.
- Close liaison with our operators so as to monitor shipments and ensure correct security is in place before releasing of cargoes
- Knowledgeable in Letter of Credit (“LC”) transactions including but not limited to understanding of LC terms, issuance, documents presentation and negotiation.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the trade finance/ metals commodity industry Knowledge on Import/Export
- Strong communication skill both in written and spoken English
- Knowledge on Derivatives on LME futures and Hedge