Steel Trader – Steel Products (Physical) – Commodities – Singapore
- Posted 563 days ago
- Reputable MNC Commodity Firm with Global Outreach
- Strong platform with established client base
- Dynamic Role with growth potential
Our client is a market leading commodity trader and have built up a strong reputation on the market for many years. We have been mandated to find an experienced trader with a physical background in carbon steel. This role will be quite hands-on from visiting buyers and suppliers in the region and checking on quality of the product prior to delivery. This role would be ideal for someone who already has strong network based in SEA and who has strong sourcing capability in exports and imports. They should have key experience handing HRC, ideally flat / long products as it will be mainly a carbon as they will mainly be dealing with this product. If the incumbent also has experience in managing teams from both procurement and operations that would also be beneficial.
- At least 5 years of experience in steel industry, with a focus on carbon steel products.
- Both long a flat product knowledge is important but experience with flats such as include slabs, hot-rolled coil, cold-rolled coil, coated steel products is beneficial.
- Professional qualifications holding a degree or other relevant experience.
- Experience with conducting business development trips north Asia and in China.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management skills and leadership qualities.