Senior Trader – Iron Ore (Physical) – Commodities – China – MNC
- Posted 563 days ago
- Reputable MNC Commodity Firm with Global Outreach
- Exposure to multi commodity products
- Dynamic Role with growth potential
Our client is a physical ferrous trading house based in Beijing with global offices. They are seeking well rounded and experienced senior iron ore trader with a background in physical and futures trading to join their expanding team in China. This role will be quite hands-on with occasional business development trips across China in order to meet with customers from the steel mills and help the company to increase flow into in this space. The incumbent should be well trained in collating data in the dry bulk iron ore and steel complex industry and be able to project a reasonable market outlook for predicting where the market is currently and for the future. The opening would be ideal for someone with a background in trading iron ore coming from a miner or trading house.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in iron ore, ferrous or steel complex with a strong track record.
- Professional qualifications holding a degree or other relevant experience.
- Experience with conducting business development trips in SEA and China, proficiency in language capability in this region would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management skills and leadership quality.