Senior Quantitative Portfolio Manager – Commodities
- Posted 155 days ago
- Reputable MNC Prop Trading Firm with Global Outreach
- Exposure to multi commodity products
- Dynamic Role with high growth potential
Our client is a top tier trading firm that is seeking an experienced senior portfolio manager to lead the quant derivatives trading book for commodities. The ideal background of the candidate would be someone who has experience trading across the different commodity products in either energy, metals, or agri. Experience with oil & gas derivatives across the barrel, base metals, ferrous metals, bulk, and precious metals derivatives on any of the global commodity exchanges mainly from a proprietary trading perspective is preferred. This person should already own a book and have successive years of positive p&l history trading commodities futures products. The opening would be ideal for someone with a strong mathematical or statistical background who has developed high level signals and modelling using quantitative methods and who can come up with a view of the market.
- At least 10+ years of experience in areas directional trading or algorithmic trading in commodity derivatives, futures, options, or market making.
- Proven consistent p&l history coming from a bank, buy-side trading firm or proprietary trading firm is ideal.
- Professional qualifications either PhD or master’s in mathematics or statistics or another relevant field.
- Has the ability to formulate mathematical models in relations to the commodity markets.
- Strong research background and ability to present data clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.