Senior Oilseeds Trader – Commodities – Singapore
- Posted 564 days ago
- Based in Singapore & SE Asia market coverage
- Perm role
- Reputable MNC Commodity Firm with Global Outreach
Our client is one of the largest Agri businesses in the world and they are seeking an ambitious oilseeds trader to join their expanding commodities APAC team based in Singapore. The ideal background of the candidate would be someone who already has experience trading or marketing physical oilseeds in SEA, able to develop a new customer base and extend the brand’s presence in these markets is crucial. Experience with setting up risk management systems, conducting fundamental analysis on both the supply side and demand side as well as managing highly agile teams is much preferred.
- At least 10+ years of experience in trading physical grains & oilseeds products, like wheat, feed wheat, barely, corn, soybeans soybean meal – oilseeds preferred.
- Able to work within a global team and part of a global book in order optimise the trading strategy.
- Ability to learn and be proactive when the market moves and problems arise within the supply chain – from origin to destination.
- Strong customer base and proven relationships and trading with countries like China, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia etc.
- Willingness to travel and meet with customers in their destination markets in order to understand their pain points and advise on solutions.
- Help maintain and be responsible for a profitable P&L and own book.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.