Market Analyst – Thermal Coal – Commodities – India (Coverage) – MNC
- Posted 818 days ago
- Reputable MNC Firm with Global Outreach
- Market coverage of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Located in Singapore or London | Full Time
Our client is an international shipping company with global offices. They are seeking well rounded and experienced thermal coal market analyst with a background in physical and futures trading of thermal coal. This role will be quite hands-on with developing freight strategies and providing commercial insights for their chartering and shipping teams globally. The incumbent should be well trained in collating data in the dry bulk market for thermal coal flows going to India and other power markets in this region. Ideally, they are seeking a trading analyst or someone with a background in physical coal trading to help project an accurate market outlook for predicting where the market is currently and for the future. The opening would be ideal for someone with a background in trading thermal coal coming from a mining company or trading house.
- At least 5+ years of experience in fundamental research in supply and demand analytics in the dry bulk shipping industry.
- Strong understanding for both imports and domestic market movements of dry bulk commodities like thermal coal, coking coal, iron ore and other bulk commodities.
- Wide knowledge in monitoring trade flows into the MENA and India subcontinent regions.
- Possess a wide network and contact base within the coal and shipping industry for data gathering of primary information.
- Strong overview and understanding of the global commodity market fundamentals and drivers.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Professional qualifications holding a degree in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics or other relevant experience.
- Experience with conducting business development or conference trips in this region, proficiency in language capability in this region would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management skills and leadership qualities.