Iron Ore Derivatives Trader – Commodities – Singapore
- Posted 311 days ago
- Reputable MNC Commodity Firm with Global Outreach
- Exposure to multi commodity products
- Dynamic Role with growth potential
Our client is a top tier trading firm with international recognition that seeks an ambitious ferrous derivatives trader to join their expanding commodities front office practice here in Singapore. The ideal background of the candidate would be someone who has experience trading iron ore futures, steel futures or any of the metals futures contracts on any of the global commodity exchanges both from a proprietary or flow trading perspective. Experience with setting up risk management systems, conducting fundamental and technical analysis on metals and already has experience with taking risk and having an overall view of the commodities futures markets will be crucial for this role. The opening would be ideal for someone with a strong mathematical or statistical background and who already has worked in a trading house or banking or financial institution.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in areas directional trading or algorithmic trading in ferrous metals derivatives.
- Experience ideally working in a bank trading client flow would be preferred.
- Professional qualifications in mathematics or statistics or relevant another relevant field.
- Has the ability to formulate mathematical models in relations to the commodity markets.
- Strong research background and ability to present data clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Coding skills may be required.