Head Trader (Physical Base Metals) – Commodities – Singapore
- Posted 818 days ago
- Reputable MNC Commodity Firm with Global Outreach
- Exposure to multi commodity products
- Dynamic Role with growth potential
Our client is a leading established trading house that seeks an ambitious physical metals trader to join their expanding commodities front office practice here in Singapore. The ideal background of the candidate would be someone who has experience trading physical base metals and so experience with Aluminium ingots or Coppers wire rods would be beneficial. Experience from both a sourcing and trading perspective globally would be key and if the candidate has traded other base metals like Tin, Lead or Zinc – mainly refined metals would be good. Experience with setting up risk management systems, treasury and trade finance and trading the paper markets like the LME as a hedging tool is essential. The opening would be ideal for someone who has traded physical refined metals in Southeast Asia countries including; Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and also in China.
- At least 10+ years of experience in trading physical refined metals products.
- Refined metals; Base Metals Products; Aluminium; Copper; Lead; Zinc; Tin; Nickel – strictly non-ferrous.
- Experience with trading futures and options on global metals exchanges such as LME, CME and SFE.
- Has a strong track record, customer base and market knowledge or structured trade finance and prepayments options for customers.
- Able to lead by example and update senior management on market and trading strategy for the company.
- Holds a degree certificate or other relevant professional qualification.
- Strong research background and ability to present data clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.