Derivatives Trader – Steel futures – Commodities
- Posted 771 days ago
- Reputable multi-national company with Global Outreach
- Exposure to multi commodity products
- Dynamic Role with growth potential
Our client is a top tier trading firm with international recognition that seeks an ambitious steel derivatives trader to join their expanding commodities front office practice in either Shanghai or Singapore. The ideal background of the candidate would be someone who has experience trading around steel complex derivatives products, futures, and options across the relevant global commodity exchanges on proprietary or flow trading basis. Experience developing internal risk management frameworks, conducting fundamental and technical analysis on the steel sector is crucial. The opening would be ideal for someone with a strong mathematical or statistical background and who already has worked in a physical trading house, bank, or financial institution.
- At least 10 years of experience in areas of directional trading or fundamental trading in steel, iron ore or steel complex futures products.
- Experience with market making, handling client flow, and maintaining the overall book position.
- Has experience trading on the SFE, SGX and DCE and other global markets for steel.
- Ability to show a strong track record and P&L history.
- Professional qualifications in mathematics or statistics or relevant another relevant field.
- Strong research background and ability to present data clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.